My online filing cabinet to share!

It is time to clean out and dispose of my many files but I am such a "keeper" that I can't just throw my years of stories, quotes, ideas, and memories away SO--- I am going to digitize them and put them in a blog to save in cyberspace as well. If anyone ever looks at this, I hope you find something that inspires creativity and fun energy!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

DO WE LIVE AT YOUR HOUSE?

 DO WE LIVE AT YOUR HOUSE?


This is GREEDY GREEN.  He always wants the most, and the best, and he always wants to be first.  When there is just one cookie, he wants it.  When the kids play baseball, he wants to bat first.  GREEDY GREEN never thanks anyone or thinks about what others like.  He only thinks about himself.  I hope he doesn’t live at YOUR house!

Now, I want you to meet RUDY RED.  RUDY RED is a good friend of GREEDY GREEN, because she also thinks only about herself.  She doesn’t like to take time to say “please” or “thank you.”  She stands right in front of the TV when people are trying ot watch and makes lots of noise when people are trying to talk or to rest.  She is so rude that she whispers and rattles her papers when everyone else is quiet.  I’m sure RUDY RED doesn’t live at YOUR house!

Next, is TAN TATTLE.  His favorite thing to do is tattling.  He tattles if someone makes a face at him.  He’s always whining that somebody his him or that the other kids won’t play with him.  By nighttime, he’s all worn out from running back and forth tattling and his friends and family are worn out for listening to him!  Does he live at your house?

Oh, here is BOSSY BLUE.  She spends her time bossing everyone around.  She always has to be in charge and she always must be first.  S he bosses others around telling them what to do, how to do it and when to do it.  She always chooses the very best for herself.  It is very sad that she hasn’t learned how much fun it is to share.  I hope she doesn’t live at YOUR house.

And we can’t overlook YELLING YELLOW.  When he’s around, you can’t even hear anyone else.  He’s always yelling and running and making a big racket.  At the dinner table, he talks louder and longer than anyone else.  In a crowd it is easy to find him – just listen for the loudest voice.  Even at church you can see him running and yelling in the hallways.  Let’s hope YELLING YELLOW doesn’t live at YOUR house.

Now, I want you to meet POUTY PURPLE.  Poor POUTY PURPLE uses her weak and whiny voice to always complain that she has to do more jobs than her brothers and sisters, and that she never gets a turn to say anything when he wants to talk.  POUTY PURPLE is always feeling sorry for himself that she can’t do things as well as everybody else.  POUTY PURPLE never has any fun – she is too busy pouting.  Does POUTY PURPLE live at YOUR house?

Here is BUTT IN BROWN.  I’d better hurry and tell you about him, or he will butt in and I won’t get a chance.    Whenever someone starts to talk, BUTT IN BROWN interrupts and talks louder.  If a friend tries to tell about somewhere he went, BUTT IN BROWN butts in and starts telling where he went.  When someone in class tries to answer a question, BUTT IN BROWN hollers out the answer.  Most people wish BUTT IN BROWN would butt out!  I hope he doesn’t live at YOUR house!

Ooooops! We almost forgot POKEY PINK.  She ALWAYS come in late, because she pokes around until the last minute and then can’t catch up in time.  Her mom  has to call and call to get her up every morning.  POKEY PINK pokes around and plays until time to leave for school, and then makes everyone else late because she can’t find her shoe.  Of course, she never finishes her homework on times and usually ends up handing it in late.  She pokes around with her work until her playtime is over.  Poor POKEY PINK.  She almost poked along too late to get in this story.  Have you ever seen a POKEY PINK?  Not at YOUR house, I hope!

Last of all, I want you to meet POLITE PAM AND POLITE PETE.  You will like getting to know them.  They make others happy by being polite.  They aren’t selfish like GREEDY GREEN and never rude like RUDY RED.  PAM and PETE don’t enjoy tattling like TAN TATTLE and aren’t bossy like BOSSY BLUE.  You won’t hear them running inside and hollering like YELLING YELLOW, or see them with long grumpy faces like POUTY PURPLE. 

POLITE PAM and POLITE PETE are very careful not to butt in like BUTT IN BROWN  and they never come in late with POKEY PINK.  PAM and PETE always try to think of others, and because of this, they have lots of friends.  I hope you have LOTS of POLITE PAMS and POLITE PETES living at YOUR house and I hope you are one of them!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I have searched google several times for this story. I grew up with it but it was lost years ago. Now I have my own kids and have wanted to use this story and haven't been able to find it. I am so glad to have found it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I am so glad I found this! My mom had given away all her packets and now that I have children I wanted to find this lesson. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been looking for this for childrens classes in Brazil! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete