“Coping with the complex and diverse challenges of everyday life, which is not an easy task, can upset the balance and harmony we seek. Many good people who care a great deal are trying very hard to maintain balance, but they sometimes feel overwhelmed and defeated. … Many people have heavy demands upon them stemming from parental, family, employment, church, and civic responsibilities. Keeping everything in balance can be a real problem.”
Conference Report, Apr. 1987
WHAT DO THE SCRIPTURES TEACH ABOUT TIME??
• TIME on earth had a beginning
– “In the Beginning God created the heaven and the earth. …. And the evening and the morning were the first day.” (Genesis 1:1,5)
• We all have an “allotment” of TIME here on earth
– “Is there not an appointed TIME to man upon earth?” (Job 7:1)
– “…it was appointed unto men that they must die …” (Alma 12:27)
– “ … and is not appointed unto death, shall be healed.” (D&C 42:48)
– “For there is a time appointed for every man.” (DC 121:25)
TIME is a part of our mortal experience
How do we use our TIME?
We all receive 24 hours a day &
168 hours per week.